Monday, January 2, 2012

Thanks, Kickstarter!

Now that the crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has accepted my project proposal, YOU have the opportunity to donate at whatever level fits your pocketbook.

How this works for me: I've set a (low) goal of $2,500 that I'd like to raise in 30 days. For each level of pledging, there is a reward, all of which include a listing on a list of Backers of Good Taste and most of which include some tasty items from Daddy's Girl's kitchen. If I reach or exceed my goal at the end of the 30 days, I get the money (minus some processing fees).

How this works for you: Click on over to the Kickstarter website. Below the giant (temporary) logo (which will soon be replaced by a video), there is an explanation of what I'm trying to do and why I need the funding. In the right column, you'll see what rewards I'm offering for your pledge. By clicking the big green Back This Project button, you'll get to a page where you can choose your level of support.

At the end of 30 days-- and if I've reached my goal-- Amazon Payments will take the amount you pledged from whatever account you signed in with. NOTE: Amazon Payments is kind of like PayPal, but different. Yes, you do have to log in and get signed up and give a card number to pledge. This is not a tax-deductible contribution on your part. It is an exchange of your money for my rewards (in case you were wondering).

If I don't reach my goal, no pledges will be collected from you. And I will be sad. A little.

I am also offering, separately, the opportunity for you high rollers to directly invest in Daddy's Girl. For $2,000 or more, you can support my start-up with my guarantee (we'll sign some paperwork) that in two years, you'll make a 20% return. Email me at DaddysGirlEats@gmail.com for more information on that option.

Two people have already pledged on Kickstarter,one of whom I don't even know! Thank you so much in advance. I'll keep you posted.
__________________

No comments:

Post a Comment